Applications are open for the next Positive Leadership Development Institute, PLDI, Who Am I As A Leader? Workshop in Queensland on the 21st-23rd of October 2022.
This unique leadership workshop is run by and for people living with HIV. The course is constructed to have a maximum participation of 12 people plus 3 facilitators and runs over a weekend – Friday evening, all day Saturday (including the evening) and Sunday.
What is PLDI?
The Positive Leadership Development Institute (PLDI) Australia and New Zealand offers people living with HIV (PLHIV) an opportunity to identify and develop their leadership and resilience skills.
- We believe that strong leaders create stronger communities.
- We honour the leadership of the past; value the leadership of today; and
- We inspire leadership for the future.
- The PLDI program aims to create a network of informed and empowered PLHIV who will participate in and influence their local communities.
- The PLDI exists with the purpose of supporting people who are living with HIV to realise their leadership potential and increase their capacity to participate meaningfully in community life.
- The curriculum objectives for the Leadership training workshop are for participants to have the opportunity
- o understand the 5 principles and 10 commitments of leadership
- To realise individual leadership potential
- To participate in building a network of leaders within the PLHIV community
- To realise the potential and strengths that each individual brings to the network
- To learn about and practice leadership skills in a safe environment
- To inspire others to become leaders
- To encourage participants to take on facilitator and mentoring roles within the community
- To expand participants awareness of the PLHIV community
Please fill in all questions in this survey – incomplete applications will not be considered. 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟗𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝟓𝐩𝐦 (𝐀𝐄𝐒𝐓)
If anyone has any questions, email the organiser here.