About Queensland Positive People (QPP)
Queensland Positive People (QPP), is a peer-led, community-based organisation committed to improving the lives of all people living with HIV across Queensland. QPP offers the following services:
- Peer-led HIV & other STI point of care testing, prevention and education
- Online HIV home testing kits
- Community development and peer support
- Peer navigation to navigate the complex environment of HIV diagnosis, treatment and care
- Practical assistance with accessing medications, clinical services, food, housing and other essential support services
- Legal support and referral for stigma, discrimination, migration and the law
- Emergency funding support
- Advocacy and policy development
- World AIDS Day awareness campaign
QPP is an Australian, Incorporated Association and registered Australian Charity for taxation purposes. We appreciate the support and assistance given by Queensland Health, who provide primary funding for Queensland Positive People.
Queensland Positive People’s mission is to improve the quality of life of people living with HIV, and help reduce new infections of HIV and STIs.
Meet our team of dedicated, skilled, and passionate professionals and community members that make QPP who we are.
All members of the QPP board are all people living with HIV, bringing their lived experience and diverse professional experiences to their roles.
Our Community Partners
We couldn’t be here without the shared support from our Queensland and national community partners and organisations.
Queensland Positive People has proudly represented people living with HIV since 1989.
Accreditation & Policies
We are committed to maintaining privacy, and having transparent policies and practices. We welcome respectful feedback in any form through our confidential process.
The Honour Board
Our Honour Board recognises individuals from across the state for exceptional contributions made to the work and development of QPP
Reports & Publications
Our annual reports, strategic plans and public reports.
QPP is proud to have former Justice of the High Court of Australia, the Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG as our patron.
The Greater Involvement of People Living with HIV (GIPA) principles are at the core of what we do.
Work At QPP
We are a team connected by our shared values, and foster a respectful workplace with high regard for diversity.
QPP Room Hire
We have a fully equipped boardroom, and flexible function space for hire at very competitive rates.