Information For GPs About QPP Services
Queensland Positive People (QPP), is a peer-led, community-based organisation committed to improving the lives of all people living with HIV across Queensland. QPP offers the following services:
- Peer navigation to navigate the complex environment of HIV diagnosis, treatment and care
- Case management – Practical assistance with accessing medications, clinical services, food, housing and other essential support services
- Legal support and referral for stigma, discrimination, migration and the law
- Emergency funding support
- Peer-led HIV & other STI point of care testing, prevention and education
- Online HIV home testing kits
- Community development and peer support
- Advocacy and policy development
- World AIDS Day awareness campaign
LIFE+ Peer NavigationHaving lived through their own diagnosis our Peer Navigators have the experience and training to be there alongside people newly diagnosed or re-engaging in care. They are aware and knowledgeable of the questions and issues that are common. Peer Navigators are representative of different genders, cultures, and lived experience and provide support across Queensland.
What Peer Navigators Do
- Deliver clinically up to date education, which cover the basics of HIV and benefits of treatment.
- Discuss other relevant issues such as HIV disclosure, legal rights and responsibilities and developing resilience.
- Support clients in attending HIV related medical appointments.
- Connect people with peer social groups across the state.
- Navigating access to treatment and services.
LIFE+ Treatment Support Case Management ProgramCase Managers are trained social and community work professionals who work with PLHIV to address social determinant factors that impact remaining engaged in HIV treatment and care. Supported clients may have difficulties addressing:
- Mental Health
- Substance misuse
- Managing HIV related illnesses
- HIV related legal or immigration information
Information for GPs about HIV and QPP Services Fact Sheet
This fact sheet is provided by The Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM) and Queensland Positive People (QPP) on HIV and Queensland-based services for people living HIV (PLHIV).
It includes HIV Facts about transmission, clinical management, testing, contact tracing and treatment, together with an information sheet for patients and about QPP services.
Our trained team is here to help you should you have any questions or need support. You can contact QPP toll free from a Queensland land-line on 1800 636 241 or (07) 3013 5555 nationally, email us at email@example.com or use our contact us form.