- This event has passed.
CWC (Citizens Welfare Committee) is a community group that has been raising money for the QPP peer-support programs since 1989, providing much needed social connectedness to those who are most isolated and marginalised in our community.
It is an evening cabaret of drag performances by dozens of Brisbane’s drag community, hosted by the fabulous Betty Nature. It brings this community together and out of the closet. There are guests and performers on the night that only come out and frock-up for this event, making it quite the event on many people’s annual social calendar. It is fun, loud and flirty and is a great platform to have conversations around HIV, raise money for a worthy cause; and make new friends within the community.
Come along on the 26th August, open from 7pm, shows from 8pm till late. $10 entry at the door.
Participation Agreement for QPP Social Groups and Training Activities
When attending any QPP Social Group or Training Activity, it is crucial to adhere to the following rules. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in being asked to leave the event.
- Recognize the Importance of Safe Space: Acknowledge the significance of creating a safe space for all individuals, fostering social connections, friendships, and an increased support network.
- Display Respect for Diversity and Inclusion: Demonstrate respect by accepting and celebrating diversity and inclusion of all individuals in attendance through appropriate behavior and conversation.
- Maintain Confidentiality: Ensure that details of the social group or training activity are not discussed outside of the group event.
- No Sexual Solicitation: Understand that the Social Groups or Training Activities are not spaces for seeking sexual connections, relationships, or casual hook-ups.
- Follow Host or Trainer Directions: Adhere to the guidance provided by the Social Group Host or Trainer.
- Respect Personal Space and Take Breaks: Recognize the need for personal space and the option to take a break from the group. Please inform the host or trainer if you require time out to ensure personal safety.
- Treat Others with Respect: Treat others with the respect you expect to receive.
- Alcohol and Drug-Free Environment: Acknowledge that all Social Groups and Training Activities are alcohol and drug-free environments.
By participating in QPP Social Group or Training Activity, I affirm my commitment to these rules and understand that adherence is essential for creating a positive and inclusive environment for everyone involved. For more information please contact us.