Possibly the most effective way in which to educate about the realities of blood borne viruses is through providing first-hand experience. Speakers of the QPSB have all been diagnosed with HIV and/or viral hepatitis. Through the education sessions, speakers provide a professional and knowledgeable account of the facts, coupled with their own lived experience, to deliver powerful and long-lasting messages that go far and beyond what can be achieved via traditional methods of education.
Speakers undertake public speaking courses, encompassing a full set of speaking techniques, and are provided with ongoing mentoring and support. They are remunerated in recognition of the value of their presentations and benefit from an effective support network of peers. Our speakers are located in many regions throughout Queensland and are of diverse backgrounds, ethnicities and ages. They present to a wide-range of audiences with imperative messages about viral hepatitis and HIV transmission, prevention and social attitudes.
QPSB speakers are provided with:
- Professional development and training opportunities
- A full range of techniques to ensure each educational session is of the highest calibre
- A support network; improving confidence, motivation and wellbeing
- A comprehensive range of educational resources – including the latest in medical information and treatment programs
- Acknowledgement of speaking engagements via remuneration
- The opportunity to educate, raise awareness and to truly make a difference!
If you would like to find out more information about the QPSB, please call us toll free from a land-line on 1800 636 241, email email@example.com or call (07) 3013 5509 (nationally).