- This event has passed.
World AIDS Day
World AIDS Day is Friday December 1st this year.
There are numerous events and remembrance vigils throughout Queensland planned. along side our annual Buildings in Red project. All events are listed on the Queensland World AIDS Day website www.qldworldaidsday.org.au
The Brisbane World AIDS Day Candlelight Vigil will be held from 6:30pm in the grounds of Queensland Parliament House this year, RSVP is a must, and please remember to bring photo ID for entry through QPH security.
This World AIDS Day remember to: Wear a Ribbon this December 1st, attend an event or vigil near you if you can, and have a conversation or share a story about World AIDS Day with others, and what it means to you.
Participation Agreement for QPP Social Groups and Training Activities
When attending any QPP Social Group or Training Activity, it is crucial to adhere to the following rules. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in being asked to leave the event.
- Recognize the Importance of Safe Space: Acknowledge the significance of creating a safe space for all individuals, fostering social connections, friendships, and an increased support network.
- Display Respect for Diversity and Inclusion: Demonstrate respect by accepting and celebrating diversity and inclusion of all individuals in attendance through appropriate behavior and conversation.
- Maintain Confidentiality: Ensure that details of the social group or training activity are not discussed outside of the group event.
- No Sexual Solicitation: Understand that the Social Groups or Training Activities are not spaces for seeking sexual connections, relationships, or casual hook-ups.
- Follow Host or Trainer Directions: Adhere to the guidance provided by the Social Group Host or Trainer.
- Respect Personal Space and Take Breaks: Recognize the need for personal space and the option to take a break from the group. Please inform the host or trainer if you require time out to ensure personal safety.
- Treat Others with Respect: Treat others with the respect you expect to receive.
- Alcohol and Drug-Free Environment: Acknowledge that all Social Groups and Training Activities are alcohol and drug-free environments.
By participating in QPP Social Group or Training Activity, I affirm my commitment to these rules and understand that adherence is essential for creating a positive and inclusive environment for everyone involved. For more information please contact us.